Experienced MMO producer seeks opportunity to coordinate your live game.
- Outstanding capacity to communicate complex information across a wide variety of audiences, from artists to executives.
- Extraordinary organizational skills with a focus on flexible process and documentation.
- Proven ability to coordinate personnel, manage risk, and maintain team motivation and direction, especially under extreme resource constraints.
- Extensive knowledge of MMO pipelines and bottlenecks, plus the foresight to anticipate problems and the initiative to implement solutions and deliver a high quality product on time.
04/06 - 04/07: Sony Online Entertainment, San Diego CA
Producer: EverQuest II, EverQuest II: Echoes of Faydwer
- Scheduled and coordinated ongoing live development efforts across internal and external departments. This often involved juggling the development of an expansion, an adventure pack, and up to two live updates simultaneously, plus assorted projects from marketing, customer service, platform, and other external departments.
- Formalized the monthly update process, which improved overall quality and significantly reduced the incidence of serious bugs.
12/00 - 08/05: Turbine, Inc., Westwood MA and Santa Monica CA
Producer: Asheron’s Call 1, Asheron’s Call: Throne of Destiny
- Coordinated and prioritized extremely scarce resources during the development of a boxed expansion pack and more than thirty 'mini-expansion' content updates.
- Spearheaded the formulation of a written game vision in order to better prioritize ongoing development. This included both an overall mission statement and the roadmaps for two nine-month story arcs.
- Supervised emergency crisis management efforts, which included both making the hard decisions necessary in a crisis and communicating the technical details of crises upwards and outwards in a timely and comprehensible manner.
- Also filled role of lead engineer and provided game system design as necessary.
11/05 - present: Elder Game Consulting, Orlando FL
Game Development -- Contracting & Consulting
- 4Kids.tv: Developed a Flash RPG based on the children's show Chaotic.
- Ohai, Inc.: Designed and integrated game systems and RMT systems for two Facebook MMO games.
- Lucrative Gaming, LLC: Built and maintained several game-related websites, including FlashGameLicense.com.
- XIG Networks: Designed and implemented server-side game logic for a virtual world poker application.
- Turbine, Inc.: Investigated feasibility of Flash-based UI for existing MMO games.
- Emergent Game Technologies: Architected and coded backbone components for MMO server engine.
- Shattered Reality Interactive, Inc.: Acted as Senior Producer for MMO team during early start-up.
- Turbine, Inc.: Provided on-demand bug fixes, system design and implementation for Asheron's Call team.
- Perpetual Entertainment: Collated information from designers, artists, and engineers in order to synchronize game design requirements across departments for the MMO Gods and Heroes.
- Created and contributed to Elder Game, a blog that takes a probing look at the state of the MMO industry.
- Narwhal Games: Designed, balanced and tested gameplay components for Starcrossed, a casual PC game published by iWin games in August 2007.
- 1999: BS Computer Science - University of Central Florida - Magna cum Laude
- 1997: BS Anthropology - University of Central Florida - Magna cum Laude
- 1994: BA Pure Mathematics - Florida State University - Magna cum Laude